2007年9月19日水曜日

Letter for Thailand

So Ye Myint
(A# 7453****)
Etowah County Jail Detention Center
827 Forrest Ave.
Gadsden, Al 35901


Embassy of the Union of Myanmar
Consular Section
2300 S St., NW
Washington, DC 20008

To Whom It May Concern,

My name is So Ye Myint (Alien # 745-3**-**), and I was born in a Karen family on Novermber 27, 1970, in the jungles right on the bordre of Thailand and Burma. I came to the United States of America as a refugee in February 2000. I am writing this letter to inform you of who I am as well as to attemp to obtain a citizenship status in neighboring countries such as Myanmar and Thailand.

Both my father and grandfather died in a combat against the Burman government fighting for the freedom of the Karen people. I also joind the Karen State Mana Ploc K.N.U. Army at the age of 10 in order to fight against Burman regime. I lived at various camps through my time with the Army. I have been injured by severe gun shots in the past; one, in my left leg; another, in my jaw; the other in my stomac. I also became a member of A.B.S.D.F. Army (Army of Burman Students for Democratic Form) in 1992.

Once again, I am writing you to make you aware of thousands and thousands of Karen people who find themselves in a situation that I am also in now. We have no citizenship. The United States government is tightening up on Immigration, and now I am facing deportation to Burma by them.

I do not have any family left in Burma, and I do not wish to be in Burma. Instead, I believe I, too, deserve a fair chance to pursue stability in life; to work and to live peacefully just like everybody else. I speak Karen, Thai, English, and conversational level of Burman, and I sincerely ask that you and your country would consider granting me a citizenship so that I may be able to return closer to my homeland.

Please feel free to ask me any question you may have. I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much.



Sincerely,





So Ye Myint

0 件のコメント: